Sunday, November 6, 2016

My First HelloFresh Box + Recipe for Cauliflower Cream Pasta


What you need to know about me is that I am an impulsive cook. As in, I cook what I feel like eating and I generally know what I feel like eating about half a day before I have to cook it. I generally peruse Pinterest or something until I find something. Could be shrimp, could be crispy baked chicken, could be avocado and feta... So when I was asked to try a HelloFresh box I was open to it but I thought this might risk not being made because I would not "feel" like the dishes in the box.



I received the box on a Tuesday night. Later than originally scheduled but I got text messages warning me of the delay. So ok, good thing I did not plan anything that evening. I also ordered the veggie dish because I want to cut down on meat consumption at home and have it mainly for special occasions or restaurant visits.

Anyway, the three dishes were all great and I really like this one dish I also mentioned on my Snapchat. Well I just did a story while cooking it to show you guys the recipe. But I wanted to write it out here as well, that way you can make it whenever you like! The dish? PASTAAAA!!



Here is the recipe by HelloFresh. I followed it exactly, I just made pretty much the entire head of cauliflower.



The result was pretty much what I got on the recipe photo's and I actually really liked it! I did use a salty broth cube which really added to the flavour. 


I was rather intrigued by the Broccocress they used for the garnish in the recipe. It seems to be something that goes well with cheese and tastes mildly of broccoli. I rather enjoyed it but I haven't been able to find any specific health benefits of this plant. Do any of you know it at all? Let me know in the comments!

Also: what is your experience with HelloFresh? Do you like the recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment