Thursday, June 23, 2016

Fresh Peas and Feta on Toast


Hello hello!

Even though the weather in my little country seems to want to make everyone go crazy (rain, shine, rain, shine...) I decided at least the Sun could shine in my plate :)

Here is a short, simple recipe that I tried out last night and I really loved so I decided to share it with you.


What do you need?

- baguette, slices of sturdy bread or ciabatta
- 100g fresh peas, podded
- a pinch of sugar
- olive oil (if you can find some infused with lemon, even better!)
- lemon juice
- 100g ricotta
- crumbled feta (I crumble it between my fingers)
- cracked black pepper

What do you need to do?

This is very simple! Toast you bread. Either in the oven or in a toaster, whichever you prefer. Meanwhile boil the freshly podded peas with a pinch of sugar for 2-3 minutes. When they are done, mash them coarsely with a fork and mix in the ricotta.

Spread the pea-ricotta mix on your toast, crumble feta on top and add some lemon juice.
Sprinkle with the olive oil and crack some black pepper on top.

This is one of the most nourishing toast-toppings ever! Add some mint if you would like some extra freshness!

Enjoy ;)

What toast toppings do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment