Tuesday, August 18, 2015

London Coup de Coeur: Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium

Yes, really. London's first cat cafe is called Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium, and it sure is the perfect name for this. We went to our online, pre-scheduled reservation with high anticipations feeling the lack of cat company after a few days in London (obviously Louise does not come with me on the Eurostar as this might drive fellow passengers insane). I needed my cat-fix and Lady Dinah's was perfect for it.

Pretty much every one of the girls working at Dinah's was a catlady, so I felt like I had found my roots (again. I feel like I find my roots anywhere in London as long as it's a place where I can eat and/or where I am surrounded by cats).


First of all I would like to let you know that all of these cats are extremely well taken care of and rules are set in place for the visitors. I especially appreciated the "don't touch the cats when they are sleeping"-rule and also that we couldn't feed them. This might seem obvious to you guys, but some people don't realise that it is important that these are respected.



Do note that you only have 90 minutes of quality cat time, which is long enough to have a meal and a drink and some purr-fect playtime. The staff are super friendly and will remind you 30 minutes before the end of your visit how much time you have left.
The cats are great - some of them ooze personality and are fun to be around. Not one of them came and begged for our food even though we both ate salmon and cream cheese bagels. You'd think they would be all over that shizzle but they weren't! Each of the cats clearly has its own sleeping area and habits and all of them are loved to bits.
As for the food, we just went in and got us a bagel with salmon and cream cheese. Perfect for a feline matiné we'd say! Cats did not come and ask us for food which was really impressive, but what I loved the most is that every cat has a hot drink named after them with flavours that compliment their personality. I'm a Chai Latté addict so I went for the Donnie - a salted caramel chai latté, and it was amazing!


If you're not a big cat fan, obviously this would not be your cup of tea, but if you are an animal lover do consider that these cats kind of work for a living and it is really worth your £6 entry charge. I really loved spending time here with all these photographic cats.

Address:  
Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium
152-154 Bethnal Green Road
Shoreditch
London, London E26DG
United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment