Sunday, August 3, 2014

My Summery BBQ Salad

I used to not be so crazy about any type of salad. Now I love arugula salad, so I try to combine it with lots of different ingredients. So last year, I made this salad for a friend once. She invited me to her BBQ and I told her I'd bring a salad. She warned me she wasn't going to eat lots of salad because she's not crazy about it. Now, every time I get invited to her place, I get asked to bring THAT salad. So I thought that this Summer, I would share the recipe on my blog so everyone could enjoy it even without me ;) 

I tend to have this salad for lunch at work as well, it is quick and easy, but usually I have it as a side with burgers or at a BBQ. This is a Summer salad, the nectarine works really well with all the flavours. I make it as often as I can as long as nectarines are in season, one of my all-time favorite fruits!



What do you need? (as a side for 3-4 people)

- 3 nectarines, ripe and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cucumber, also finely cubed 
- 2 medium size spring onions, finely sliced
- a pack of arugula salad (100g - 200g)
- the juice of 1 lime
- 200g (or less - depends what you prefer) of crumbled feta
- some olive oil

What do you need to do?

Combine all the ingredients and mix gently with your hands. Done!

No need for seasoning as the feta is already quite salty and the peppery flavor you get from the arugula.


No comments:

Post a Comment