Monday, February 18, 2013

Very Sloppy Joes... (2)

Sloppy Joe burgers... good stuff! You can find out more about them in my previous post. However, I had some sloppy joe mix leftovers and thought I should change my tactic when approaching this dish for the second time in three days. So I thought: why not use it as a pizza topping? You get pizza with a base of BBQ sauce, so why not use an extra tomato-y base? An let me tell you: this was heaven! So if you have sloppy joe leftovers but no burger buns, grab or make yourself a pizza base and chuck THIS in the oven!



What do you need?

- sloppy joe mixture (find the recipe here)
- some leftover passata (I had this leftover as well but it is not at all obligatory)
- mozzarella, cubed
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh basil leaves, shredded

What do you need to do?

Simple!
Roll out your pizza base and add the ingredients in this order: a thin layer of passata (if using), a nice layer of sloppy joe mix, mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. 
Place it in the oven and cook until the mozzarella has melted and slightly browned.
When cooked, remove it from the oven and sprinkle the basil on top.

Enjoy! ;)

Saucy pizza! Yum ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment